I love Bike Month. The weather is finally getting nice (albeit gradually of late), and I’ve got a great excuse to ride my bike every day. The Group Health Commute Challenge is the perfect way for me to encourage non-rider friends and family to try reducing a few car trips. And if we had as many cyclists on the road every day that we do on F5 Bike to Work Day, I can’t even begin to imagine what a biking paradise the city would become.
Even more than these great motivators to ride, I love all of the opportunities throughout the month to get together and celebrate getting around on two wheels. The first big one, that’s free and open to all riders, is the UW Trail Party next Thursday from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Put on jointly by Cascade and U-PASS, the party is going to have music, bike fits, safety checks and free food samples.
- The UW Commuter Services booth with give-a-ways for first time UW bikers and team captains
- Bike fits from Group Health physical therapists
- UW Police doing bike registrations
- Hall Health selling discounted safety gear
- Recycled Cycles and Performance Cycles providing free bike safety inspections
- Samples from Nuun, Honest Tea, and Pop Chips
- Cascade’s own dj mi spinning tunes
The party is going to be held in the park off the Burke-Gilman between University Way and Brooklyn. And look! Thanks to the magic of Google I can show you exactly where that is:
In this park here:
Come out and celebrate biking with us. It’s going to be a blast!