Tomorrow is F5 Bike to Work Day, and we hope you plan to ride (with a friend!). When you hit the streets tomorrow, you will notice over 60 commute stations all around the Puget Sound offering encouragement and goodies for riders on their morning commute.
What stations are on your route? Check out our online station map to find out which stations are in your neighborhood.
Every station is different, but here are a few highlights:
- In White Center, Dubsea Coffee is partnering with the Major Taylor Program to offer coffee, food, freebies, and bike tune-ups! A few blocks away Caffe Delia and Full Tilt ice cream will offer Caffe Delia coffee, waffles, and Full Tilt ice cream! YUM!
- Capitol Hill: Coffee, Top Pot doughnuts, Eltana Bagels, oh my!
- Woodinville: Jamba Juice smoothies and oatmeal, a practice bus-bike rack to learn how to load your bike onto a bus, and free bike assistance from Woodinville Bicycle.
- Southcenter: REI will be giving away bike lights and seat covers
- West Seattle: Sound Physical Therapy will be giving away jackets, and a short ride away the West Seattle bridge will feature Nuun samples and many other goodies!
- I-90 East Enatai Park in Bellevue: food, beverages, and a Hawaiian theme! (Mai tai’s not included.)
- Fremont Bridge: this super-station has swag and good times
- Downtown Seattle: KEXP will host a LIVE outdoor broadcast with bicyclist DJ John Richards and Jamba Juice will have smoothies and oatmeal for all visitors. The ride and rally with Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn begins here at 7:45am!
- University Bridge (Seattle): REI flagship store will be giving away tire levers and edible goodies. You can also find out all about the 2012 Bike Master Plan Update from Seattle Department of Transportation representatives and learn how you can help make Seattle better for bicycling.