This weekend is an especially busy one for the Bike Ambassadors. You can track them down at the following spots:
- Friday, Aug 17: Kiddie Kilo, Marymoor Veldodrome. Sign-ups begin at 6 p.m., and the kid’s racing starts at 7:30 p.m. All participants get a goodie bag after the race.
- Friday, Aug 17: Helmet Sale at Montlake Summer Jazz Festival, 6-9 p.m. Enjoy some wonderful music at the Montlake Community Center and purchase a new helmet (or get your current one adjusted) at the same time.
- Saturday, Aug 18: Green Lake Helmet Sale, Green Lake Community Center, 10 a.m-2 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug 18: Rainier Valley Summer Streets, 11 a.m-4 p.m. Activities abound at this neighborhood event-our Ambassadors will be helping kids spiff up their bikes for the annual Bike Parade (meet in the Greater New Bethel Baptist Church parking lot by 10:30 a.m.)
- Saturday, Aug 18: Delridge Days Helmet Sale, Delridge Community Center, 11:30 a.m-1:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug 19: Log Boom Park Energizer Station, 9 a.m-12 p.m. We’ll have some icy treats to help cool you down on what is sure to be a hot, hot weekend.
- Tuesday, Aug 21: UW Energizer Station, along Burke Gilman Trail between Brooklyn and University, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Stop by for a tasty snack to get help get you home, and make sure to keep your eyes out for our colorful trail safety signs and stencils.